Sunday, July 5, 2009

Debate day!

On the 26-28th of june,4 rookie debaters were sent by taman sea to join a debate competition at kdu college at damansara jaya which is located a milestone from 3 of our houses.We went there with only roughly 4 hours of preperation and expect to produce a good result,what a joke!I dodn't expect that the 1st round was easy as the opposition too was a rookie team.The motion for that round was GOVERNMENT SHOULD PUNISH PARENTS FOR OBESE CHILDREN and the result states that tyhe motion stand and it was a clear result.Second round we faced an international school name seafield and I was sent to be the whipper which is the 3rd seaker and I screwed up the whole debate and we lost,because of me.3rd round was participated by sivesh,hon son and david,I was the reserve.We lost again to 2 experience debaters and 1 rookie from the opponent and the motion states that prime minister should not stand for more than two terms and we lost by a mere margin.I love the whole debate when it comes to the 4th round because we won and the team comprises of sivesh,me and hon son,david gave face and we won with the title cartoon character should wear pants to cover up,we support and we relate it to animae ####.Last round we lost again to the same team we met during the 3rd round.Overall,it was a really godd experience for us rookies with 3 losses and 2 WINS!

No comments: